Does Team Penske collect personal information about me when I access this website?
No, In general, you can visit TeamPenske.com without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information.
Our web services collect general information about each visit-such as the domain name of the originating server and the type of browser-and aggregate this information with similar information from other site visits to generate website logs. These logs show, for example, the number of visits within a specific time frame and the average time spent on the site, as well as the frequency particular pages are viewed. We use these web site logs to evaluate and improve our site.
What does Team Penske do with the personal information I voluntarily furnish by, for example, registering with TeamPenske.com or sending email to Team Penske?
We use this information for the purpose for which you furnish it to us or for other lawful purposes. For example, we use the personal information (such as your name, e-mail address, or social networking username) when you register at this site for fulfilling transactions and prizes and for providing you promotional material regarding Team Penske and its affiliates. Similarly, if you send us an inquiry via email, we use the information you provide to analyze and respond to your email.
If you do not express a preference in an online form, email or other communication with us, we may include you on mailing lists for our products and events. if we believe you might find this information interesting or useful. If you would prefer not to be included on our lists, please advise us at the time you submit the online form, email or other communication by unchecking the box or unsubscribing to the email.
WE strongly urge you NOT to submit to us sensitive information, such as your Social Security number or credit card information via email. Even though we strive to protect your personal information and privacy, we cannot guarantee the security of information you disclose online and you do so at your own risk.
Does Team Penske encourage minors to provide personal information?
No. We believe that minors should not submit personal information without the consent of their parent or guardian.
Unfortunately, there is no way for us to prevent minors from voluntarily furnishing us this information. Emails sent to us, for example, will automatically include the sender’s return email address. Also, a person will sometimes furnish us a home address so that we may send him or her material in response to his or her request. In these situations, we do not know whether or not the sender is a minor when deciding how to handle the information provided.
Please contact us if you have any questions regarding personal information that your minor children may have provided us.
You, of course, have the option of refusing to accept cookies from this or any other site by, for example, changing your browser preferences or using commercially-available software. However, if you refuse the cookies from on this site, you may find that some services do not function properly or may be considerably slower.
“Cookies” are small bits of computer code that are transmitted to a user’s computer when the user accesses a web site, and then stored on the user’s computer for future access by the cookie provider. Cookies are part of the flow of information between a user’s computer and web servers, and are widely used on the Web for, among other things, customizing user interaction with web sites.
California Privacy Rights
This section applies solely to visitors, users, and others who reside in the State of California. This notice is provided to comply with the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”). Any terms defined in the CCPA have the same meaning when used in this section.
If you are a California resident, beginning January 1, 2020 you have the following rights:
- You have the right to request information about the categories and specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you, as well as the categories of sources from which such information is collected, the purpose for collecting such information, and the categories of third parties with whom we share such information.
- You have the right to request information about our sale or disclosure for business purposes of your personal information to third parties.
- You have the right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information to third parties. However, we do not sell your personal information to third parties so there is no need to opt-out.
- You have the right to request the deletion of certain personal information. Please note that notwithstanding your request, California law permits us to retain certain categories of personal information for numerous purposes, including to complete a transaction, to perform a contract between us, and to comply with a legal obligation, such as a record retention requirement.
- You will not be discriminated against for exercising any of these rights.
We collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer (“personal information”). In particular, we may have collected the following categories of personal information from consumers within the last twelve (12) months:
The CCPA provides consumers who are California residents with specific rights regarding their personal information.
You have the right to know and request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months from the date of your request. Once we receive and verify your consumer request, we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and verify your deletion request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We make available to California residents two designated methods for submitting requests to exercise access, data portability, and deletion rights of your personal information. Please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by either:
- Calling us at: 1-888-740-3816
- Visiting: https://privacyportal-cdn.onetrust.com/dsarwebform/a8d9685c-5c32-4783-a8c3-6a1e51a86db2/506296c7-a62f-4629-ad5e-99e1032ecfa8.html
Only you or your authorized agent (i.e., a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf) may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child. In California, a minor is defined as any person under the age of 18 years. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
- Verifying your email address with the address that is on record with our company.
- Verifying phone information that has previously been associated with you.
- Sending a communication to the data subject at the email address that we have on file previously associated with you.
- If needed, we may contact you personally to review additional information should we not be able to verify you by the data provided.
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within 45 days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. We will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option. Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request’s receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable request. The CCPA allows you to make 2 requests within a 12 month period.
Does this policy apply to Team Penske’s affiliates or other sites that are linked from this site?
No, this policy applies only to Team Penske and this site.